Sunday, March 25, 2007

Ditched The Tech, Survived The Day


Ladies and Gentlemen, please give a round of applause for The Premster. Together with the geeks of the world, I went a whole day without my PC and trusty gadgets yesterday, as promised, and survived. It was tough but I made it.

I started the day turning off my Treo smartphone, a device that follows me around like a life-support machine. It was extremely excruciating and as my smartphone's screen faded off, it beeped as though to ask "Why Prem, why?" My SIM card was transferred to a Motorola Razr V3, a phone (see picture) that was to be my companion for the day. For those of you screaming "That phone is pretty high-tech!", trust me when I tell you that I need features far more than what the V3 could ever provide. To add further difficulty to the experiment, I disabled the bluetooth function on the phone, meaning no hands free answering of calls. My second phone was also left at home and I did not come within 3 meters of a computer, let alone power one up.

The first "casualty" of the day? My wife! We were out shopping for a new car seat for our son and we got lost. She promptly said "You can use your phone to connect to the Internet and get the store's number online". "Nope", came my answer, "Not on this phone!". We had a good laugh.

So there, I made it through Shutdown Day a little bruised technically, stressed mentally but I survived. Take it from me, I am never going to do it again. Ever.

I hope you had a good weekend!

8 comments:

eshda3wa said...

woHoOoo!!

<--- applauds

u go prem!!

Anonymous said...

you did it :)

its so hectic to let go when u depend on it greatly....but letting go means you can live with out it....I am sure you can...we all can...but its just better and more convenient with it eeeah buddy :)



glad to see your in a better mood...hopes things are brighting up for you again :)

Shwaish said...

*applauding* that is wow!! i wnt try it though, even though im not even a little tech savy

Anonymous said...

ello :)

you are taGGed...

now u have to post something new :P

Anonymous said...

you have been away for too long...hope everything is okay :)

ur being missed

eshda3wa said...

hey, its been a while since u posted, hope everything is fine :)

The Premster said...

hi ghasheema,

its nice to be missed by friends. thank you!

i've missed reading your blog too.

anyway, i'm back!! :)

The Premster said...

hi eshda3wa,

thank you for your kind concern. i've posted on why i disappeared unexpectedly.

as i mentioned to ghasheema, its nice to be missed by friends. missed your blog too!!