Saturday, October 21, 2006

Deepavali Cheer


Its Deepavali today. This is the day that Hindus celebrate the triumph of good over evil. For me, I observe it as a renewal process... a renewal of my faith as well as my commitment to my family and loved ones. My wife, our son and I aren't celebrating this year because of my father's demise - as part of the year long mourning process.

The day didn't start out as well as I hoped because I woke up with a terrible headache. Long story short, the headache was eradicated three super strong asprins later and I am feeling much better now - well enough for an entry to my blog.

I have not been feeling too good since last Monday, hence my gloomy post earlier. But I managed to sort it out in my head, shared my thoughts and feelings with my wife and I was feeling much better by Thursday night. To add to my revived cheer, I got word that my new smartphone was arriving on Friday! Did I mention that I had an obsession with gadgets? What? About a thousand times??

Anyhow, I woke up bright and early (after only 4 hours of sleep) to head down to the distributors to collect my brand new Treo 750v. Needless to say, I spent all day with it - like a new found love. We got to know each other and I eventually "told her" all my secrets. In tech speak, that means 'transferred all my data from my old Treo 650 to the 750v'.

My new Treo 750v accompanied us for our 3 hour family outing today and performed well - by not adding to my already throbbing head. But I still miss my old Treo 650 - my constant companion for about 2 years through thick and thin. It had failed on me a few times but still, I depended on it heavily.

So, as part of my Deepavali renewal process this year, my constant companion has been renewed. I hope for many good years with my new Treo 750v... or at least till the next hot new gadget hits the market. ;)

The Old And The New



Reminder : Don't forget this, ya?

3 comments:

Danah said...

Happy Diwali!

The gadget part went way over my head lol but yay for new things!

The Premster said...

thank you, dandoon!

a quiet day spent with my wife, son and my new toy. ;)

The Premster said...

thanks, vanessa!! :)