Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Things That My Head Fill


When we moved to our new place, I promised myself a 43" plasma TV and today, it is proudly mounted on a wall in our living room. When I stand back and see how little space it takes up on the wall, I wish I had sprung for the 50" one. "It would be like we were at the cinema if we had it", I constantly lament to my wife. Too late, I guess.

In comes technology to the rescue. Toshiba has 'invented' a helmet that will allow you to experience a 360 degrees view of a TV programme. It is as simple as turning your TV on and plonking this monstrosity (its 3 kilograms!) on your head. Hmmm... I don't remember the helmets used by the boys on Apollo 13 being this big or looking this frightful.

Halloween is just around the corner. I'm tempted... it'll kill two birds with one stone.

More here.

5 comments:

Danah said...

3kilos?! That's like having a baby sit on your head while you're watching tv! I definitely won't be buying that:p

The Premster said...

hi dandoon,

a baby is far heavier. i've tried. ;)

The Premster said...

hi vanessa,

will try... but no promises. :)

Shwaish said...

OMG it looks like a tv/computer moniter, is eating that girls head!!

The Premster said...

it does, doesn't it?? :)

but it'll suit me fine. with a head as big as mine, no one will know the difference. ;)