Monday, October 30, 2006

Save Room For Cool Grooves


As part of our very predictable weekend, my wife and I head out to town to do a little shopping - groceries, mostly - and I'd usually end up at some CD store or other blowing away hard-earned money on discs. Last weekend was no exception. One of the two albums I picked up was this one from John Legend.

I had only heard one track, Save Room, on MTV and thought it sounded really good. But to buy an entire album for just one song? I've done it a thousand times before (which explains the thousand CDs I own) so why should this be any different? I decided to be 'responsible' and give the album a listen before I actually put down good money for it.

I listened... and I was hooked immediately. If you enjoy R&B and jazz, this is a must-have. Tracks I really enjoyed are Each Day Gets Better, Maxine, Another Again, Where Did My Baby Go, Again and Save Room, of course. Some of these tracks have a real retro feel - you know, the good kind.

Currently playing on my MP3 player as I write this is Where Did My Baby Go.

More on the man here.

0 comments: