Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Jazzin' Things Up


I am not a huge fan of record companies teaming up old school crooners with current pop performers. But a couple of weeks ago, I saw Tony Bennett's latest CD featuring himself performing classic tracks with some of today's well-known names and thought "this might actually be good". So, it was a case of great minds thinking alike (or fools seldom differ) when my closest friend in the world bought me this CD as a birthday gift. I was thrilled.

This CD is definitely full of gems performed by the biggerst stars like Michael Buble, John Legend, Diana Krall (*woohoo*), James Taylor, George Michael, Stevie Wonder and Sting. The tracks are not "enhanced" to sound more modern so what you get is still the good ol' feel. I haven't stopped playing it since I got it.

My absolute favourite tracks off this collection are The Very Thought Of You, For Once In My Life, The Good Life, The Best Is Yet To Come, I Left My Heart In San Francisco and my buddy's favourite - If I Ruled The World.

And hearing how much trouble he went through just to find this special CD for me was especially heart-warming. Everyone should have a friend like that.

Thanks for the fantastic gift, W.

2 comments:

Danah said...

Ooh that sounds like a good CD! Hmm to buy or not to buy:p

The Premster said...

one word, dandoon... BUY!!!