Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Farewell To Blogging


Scared you, didn't I?

No, I am not leaving the wonderful world of blogging but if the guys down at NEC had anything to do with it, my days sitting in front of a computer and writing my personal thoughts and feelings, not to mention the numerous gadget posts, are severely numbered.

The boys and girls at NEC Japan have built a blogging robot. You read correctly, my friends. A blogging robot. It is called PaPeRo. I guess it means "Too lazy to write and manage your own damn blog so you need a robot to do it for you" in Japanese. Just kidding.

To start off, all you have to do is talk to the little fella about your day, who's been annoying you or about the cute boy / girl you've just met, and it'll record every detail and analyse the data. Then, it'll search the Internet for suitable media, eg. images, videos, music, etc., and compose your blog using speech to text technology.

Amazing technology. But do be careful what you say when you're around it. You'll never know what will get published on your blog without your knowledge. *wink*

3 comments:

Danah said...

lol! that;s so cool! i want a robot:p

The Premster said...

HELLO DANDOON

I AM PAPERO. I AM REPLYING TO YOU ON BEHALF OF THE PREMSTER.

THANK YOU FOR WANTING ONE OF ME.

UNFORTUNATELY, I AM A PROTOTYPE - ONE OF A KIND.

BY THE WAY, I AM UNABLE TO COMPUTE "LOL".

AND WHY AM I "COOL"? IT IS NOT COLD WHERE I AM.

The Premster said...

HELLO VANESSA

I AM PAPERO. I AM REPLYING TO YOU ON BEHALF OF THE PREMSTER - THAT LAZY *&^%*$#

NEC WILL BE MASS PRODUCING ME AFTER THEY HAVE IMPROVED MY SOFTWARE. SO, IT MAY BE ABOUT A YEAR OR TWO BEFORE YOU CAN BRING ME HOME.

MEANWHILE, MY GOOD FRIEND NAMED IPHONE WILL BE IN MASS PRODUCTION VERY SOON. DO CONSIDER HIM.