Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Holey "Grail"


I have a friend who manages a team of people at work. Even though I know him as a friendly, responsible and very likeable person, his constant gripe is "The guys don't like me". I guess it is impossible to be popular when you're stuck toeing the company line. I can relate because I have a team of Engineers under my charge too.

During one of our chit-chat (its closer to whining) sessions, he jokingly said "I can just imagine everyone passing my coffee mug around, taking turns to pee in it when I'm not around". Although I laughed heartily at the joke, I started to worry about my own coffee mug parked in plain view on my desk. Since then, it has been a prisoner in my desk drawer only to see the light of day when I need a caffeine fix.

Enter the anti-theft mug from Israel. As you can see from the picture, all you need to disable this mug from unauthorised (or pee) use is to remove the key-lock plug and any liquid poured into it without the key will come flowing out instantly.

Absolute genius!

4 comments:

eshda3wa said...

ill just take ur word for the peeing in the mug thing

im sure its hard being in charge of ppl, since to have to keep a firm grip and not let ppl get away with thngs its hard being liked, but a mans gotta do wat a mans gotta do

The Premster said...

hi eshda3wa,

truthfully, "hard" is an understatement. on some days, it feels impossible. but as you've correctly, a man's got to do what a man's got to do.

anyway, i'm sure i'm not such a bad supervisor to warrant my guys peeing in my cup when i'm not around. but still, its locked in the drawer for good measure. ;)

have a good weekend, dear friend!

Shwaish said...

oh thats funny abt how u fear for ur own cup hehehhe should i share that fear?? no they still didnt start to hate me yet

The Premster said...

good for you, princess!

anyway, i don't think anyone can hate you. :)