Friday, January 05, 2007

A Little Late But....


Happy New Year to my dear blogger friends... that's all 5 of you! I wish you much love, joy, good health and good fortune for 2007.

I missed blogging about Christmas and then blogging about the New Year. It has been quite a rollercoaster ride over the last two weeks. Firstly, my wife came down with a cold and since she distanced herself from our little boy, I stepped in to help out - when our overly enthusiastic domestic helper went on with her other chores around the house. But in spite of my wife distancing herself, the young lad caught the cold as well. He also developed a little bit of a cough - more from screeching his lungs out then from an onset of the flu, something he has learnt to do and enjoy. Its like living on a farm these days. Bright and early, he starts his screeching - like a rooster crowing at the break of dawn - waking me up after only having about 3 hours of sleep. Anyway, when both my wife and Dev were all better, I came down with the cold and a few days later, developed a severe migrane that forced me to seek medical attention at 5 am on the second day of 2007.

In between all this, we had a legal issue to sort out. A tenant who leased our apartment before we moved in stiffed my wife of almost S$300 when the utilities bill was left unpaid. It took 9 months and threat of legal action against the tenant before the tenant caved.

In spite of the cold, the severe migrane as well as the headache our former tenant inflicted upon us, things seemed to work out well and I pray that it'll carry on along this not-so-rocky path. And with Dev growing quickly and screeching more and more loudly everyday, it sounds like 2007 will turn out to be quite a hoot.

And my resolutions for the year? I'd prefer not to put it in writing for now lest I do not fulfill them. I'll let you know at the end of the year if I pulled them off. All I can say is.... so far, so good.

Have a fantastic 2007, y'all!

0 comments: