Thursday, December 21, 2006

You Know The Name, Now Hear The Mix


"Ladies and Gents, DJ Mixfreak is in da house!"

*fans scream and cheer wildly*

Back to reality...

One of the many things I was busy with when I went AWOL from my blog was to get back into remixing. Remixing evolved from my passion for deejaying - and is a whole lot less tiring and stressful. It does help if you own your own studio like I do (ok, ok... I admit that it is strictly home-brewed and nothing like the studios that professional Producers and Remixers work in) and you get to spend as much time in there as you want but only until our 0.5 meter tall apartment warden yells out indicating you've had enough for the day.

Remixing took a back-seat for over a year when I tore down my bedroom studio at our previous apartment to accomodate domestic help when my father became very ill. And I told myself that when everything blows over, I'll get back into doing what I love doing.

So I did. And to spice things up, I entered a remixing competition too! Judging is still in progress but there's no way on God's green earth I'll win considering I've heard my competition. There are some really good 'home' remixers out there.

So, making it's debut on Blogger for the first time, "Highest Mountain" by Robert G, remixed by DJ Mixfreak.

5 comments:

Danah said...

Oooh, competition! Good luck:) When do you find out the results?

Shwaish said...

ohhhh thats awesome hehehehe and goodluck :)

The Premster said...

hi dandoon,

thank you for your kind wishes! to tell you the truth, i entered it on a whim and now regret it. anyway, it was just for fun.

it was such a rushed entry that i don't even know the details... not even when they will announce the winner. anyway, i am sure they will email all contestants.

i'll keep you guys posted for sure.

:)

The Premster said...

hi princess,

thank you for your good wishes!

i am confident that i won't win but i do appreciate the support.

i promise to keep you posted.

Danah said...

happy new year:)