Thursday, January 18, 2007

Yanking Your E-Mails Back!

Heard of Bigstring.com? No? Then count your lucky stars that you have been acquainted with The Premster's blog.

Ever write an email, be it a joke or a nasty note or and regretted it the minute you hit the 'send' button? What's worse is if you wrote a lovey-dovey email to a special friend and then gasp in horror when you discovered you sent it to your Dad instead?

Being an absent-minded fella, such things have happened to me a million times. In fact just about an hour ago, I got a reply from a major retail store in Singapore about my little boy's 3 month old stroller that had a hinge that gave way. The Customer Service Officer responded via email and directed me to the local agent. Thinking that I had hit the 'forward' button, I wrote a note to my wife beginning with "hi dear" and ended with "love you". After it went out, I was shocked to see "Prem to Customer Service" on the top of the email.



There was no way on God's green earth I could get that email back - unless I make like Ethan Hunt (played by Tom Cruise) in Mission Impossible and enter through the ceiling of the retail outlet, access the system and delete my email. So, I sheepishly typed an apology and asked the Customer Service Officer (a lady!) to disregard it. I can just imagine a print out of it going around the store for everyone to read. *sigh*

Fortunately, no *ahem* personal stuff was included. *wink*

Wouldn't it be great if I could just get it back with a press of the button? So, I went searching and came across Bigstring! Apparently, they're fairly new and they have all the Mission Impossible type functions in their email. You can even set your email to self-destruct based on a time-frame you set. Amazing? You should check them out. Best of all, its free!

Grab the account name of your choice quickly before they run out. My dear wife's name has already been taken! I haven't shared this with her yet!

And in case you're wondering - no, I don't get paid a dime for sharing this. Too bad, isn't it?

1 comments:

The Premster said...

did u try your full name? might have better luck there.