Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Spousal Approval

When husbands in Singapore want to spend good money on stuff wives have no interest in (eg. gadgets, gizmos and stuff not found in kitchens), the cliché phrases heard are "I'll need to seek approval from my Commanding Officer" or "My Financial Controller will have to ok it first".


I am blessed cos my wife doesn't make things difficult for me when I decide to blow hard-earned money on yet another smartphone, audio device or a gadget for my car. That definitely explains the drawer filled with the latest tech stuff. But despite the fact that she doesn't object, I consult her before I buy anything. She's very level-headed and always has constructive suggestions.

But occassionally, I get the uncomfortable "ok" or "up to you". Its her loving way of saying "it'll eventually go to waste but I don't want you to be unhappy". The tone in her voice is unmistakable and I always tease her about it.

Because of this, I laughed my head off when I saw the following "For Sale" ad on the Internet!


8 comments:

eshda3wa said...

looooooooooooool
LoOooOOooooooooooooL

is this real

yeah men read between the lines!

The Premster said...

apparently it is real, eshda3wa!

i'll get it in writing if i ever consider buying a motorcycle. ;)

Shwaish said...

hehehhehehehe this is awesome!!

Anonymous said...

LOL =D

thats right gentlemen listen to ur wives..its for ur own happiness and peace of mind :P


my best regards to mrs prem :)
high five sista

The Premster said...

hi princess,

i found it very funny!!

print this out and keep it for boyfriend / husband. they'll get the hint. ;)

The Premster said...

hi ghasheema,

i hate to say it but i have to agree with you. women tend to be less impulsive when it comes to buying stuff.

will convey your kind regards to mrs prem. :)

thanks!!!

Unknown said...

cheok calls me the minister of DEFENCE!!! isnt tat worse!!

The Premster said...

hahaha.... that's funny, vanessa!