Monday, September 03, 2007

Beach Boy


Last Saturday, I decided to bring the whole family out. Usually, its my wife, our litle boy and I or my wife, Eddie, Casey and I or my wife, our little boy and our domestic help. I was feeling a little down last week and thought getting everyone out of the house for some fresh air would be fun and would do me some good. So, we did. I can't believe that we managed to squeeze my wife, Dev, our domestic help, Eddie, Casey and I into our sports sedan.

At least I now understand why sports cars are not for family men. *wink*

Where did we go? To the beach at East Coast Park. We've regularly brought Dev to the beach when he was comfortably resting in his Mummy's tummy but not after. So, we thought it would be the best place to go.

We got there at about 4:30 pm and the place was packed. We took a walk and after about 20 minutes, found ourselves at the jetty. We walked on to the jetty and stopped at a nice cool location. Dev was overwhelmed at the sight of the sea. As the waves hit the shores, he smiled and suddenly found the need to "wave" back!

Casey was extremely well-behaved but not Eddie. A little girl, about 3 - 4 years old, saw him and decided to pull her Daddy along to meet the cute small white and brown "puppy". As she approached, Eddie suddely barked loudly at her, sending her running back to Daddy. My wife had to apologise as I voiced my disapproval with Eddie. "Bad dog!", something that works wonders at home, fell on deaf (and pointy) ears. Eddie was more interested in luring people to him with his charming good looks and then scaring them away.

We ended the evening by walking to a nearby food centre where I went to all my usual favourites and ordered their specials to go. We would have liked to stay on for dinner there but alas, dogs are not allowed in food establishments - even the open air ones like the food centre at East Coast Park.

Here are some pictures.


Eddie - Waiting for his next victim

The Beach - At East Coast Park

Hmmm... wonder where we'll find ourselves this weekend. Have a great week ahead!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGGG Devster is sooooo adorable :D

glad u guys had a day out and had some fun...u should do that more often, whenever u can :)


and dude tell me this...did u actually post this on Sept 3...cuz my google reader didnt show it til today??

The Premster said...

hi ghasheema,

he'll be thrilled to hear that you think he's cute. thank you!

you're right, we really should do it more often. making plans for today (saturday). its 5 am here and i'm awake. ;)

ok, here's the problem. i wrote the post on the 3rd but instead of hitting post, i may hae hit "save" instead. only realised that it wasn't posted earlier. sorry for the confusion.

tell me more about this google reader. sounds like a useful tool!

have a good weekend!! :)

eshda3wa said...

i looooooove the beach!!

Shwaish said...

hehehe thats so cute waving back at the sea...hehe

The Premster said...

hi eshda3wa,

i love the beach too!

didn't i write somewhere that it was a dream of mine to live near the beach??

*wonders*

The Premster said...

hi princess,

welcome back to these parts!! :)

we thought it was funny too. sometimes, i try to imagine what he's thinking when he sees new things.