Thursday, September 13, 2007

Jinxed - The Sequel

For the long time followers of the aptly titled "Things That Fill My Head" blog, you would have read my entry last year titled Jinxed.

Here's my latest annual report.

  • Our relatively new washing machine has conked out. On its first cycle, water flows into the machine normally. But on the second and subsequent cycles, the machine decides to take it easy and water just trickles in. So, it officially takes almost two hours to complete a load of laundry.
  • My car refused to start this afternoon. Got the boys in yellow (AA) to come by and replace the battery. Car started but now, one of my electronic gauges says that the engine's oil pressure is too low. "A leaking oil line or a faulty oil pump", declared the technician. *sigh*
  • The water pipe from the water heater in the bathroom near the kitchen is leaking badly. This is, of course, a new water heater with a new pipe.
  • My bluetooth headset has decided, for some reason or other, not to work with my mobile phone anymore. Resetting and re-pairing it doesn't help. Talk about miscommunication!

It is still early in the month. I'm sure the list will get longer. *sigh*

4 comments:

eshda3wa said...

ur not jinex

everyone has problems with machiny stuff (i know its not a word)

count ur blessings prem!!

Anonymous said...

it happens to everyone...and often too

i guess even our luck has its bad days :P

I hope all the best to u guyz :)

The Premster said...

hi eshda3wa,

yes, i am. trust me.

i know that everyone has problems with machiney (see, now its a word!) things but for me, it always fails / dies / spoils around august and september.

count my blessings... hmmm... at least my blog still works! :)

The Premster said...

hi ghasheema,

thanks for the consolation.

luck and bad days - story of my life sometimes.

but as eshda3wa said, i should count my blessings.

oh, here's one - that oil pressure issue with my car? took it down to the workshop today and it was nothing more than the car's ecu (electronic control unit) malfunctioning.

a simple reset and everything was back in order!

life's not that bad after all! :)