Saturday, September 30, 2006

Jinxed


This post has nothing to do with Halle Berry or her role as Jinx in the movie "Die Another Day". I just Google'd "JINX" to see if I could find an image of myself and out popped Ms Berry.

I seemed to be jinxed in a strange way. At a particular time of every year, usually around August, September and October, things around me seem to start to break or spoil. I don't know why but it seems to be some sort of curse.

Last weekend, I tried to boil some water on our spanking new Electrolux gas hob and when I tried auto-igniting one of the burners, it seemed like all three of them were igniting. Even though there was gas flowing through the outlets, it wasn't firing up. No tea.

Last night when I got home, I popped in one of Janet Seidel's CDs on my *ahem* Bose Lifestyle 35 Series II system to enjoy and I found that the digital display was acting up. Lots of odd characters starting popping up, looking like something out of the movie The Matrix. We bought this system in July of this year and paid an arm, a leg, a kidney and part of my liver for it. In fact, I only started using the system actively over the last few days - and that for only about an hour or two a day.

This morning, my wife told me one of our new kitchen lights had blown. Only after two weeks of use? Later in the evening, my wife called me at work to tell me that our new aircon system has started leaking. *sigh*

The time has come for me to be cleansed in a holy river somewhere.

2 comments:

Shwaish said...

LOL i totally feel for u man, only i feel jinxed in ramadan!! everything goes wrong in that month, i hate this month and i fear it as well hehehhee

The Premster said...

thanks, princess. good to know i am not alone. it is strange, isn't it?

hmmm... i guess it might have something to do with the moon, the stars and the planets. ;)