Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A Sight To Behold


For those of us who wear glasses, we constantly wish for good sight - or a comfortable pair of glasses, at least. For the appearance conscious, there are contact lenses. I, for one, don't believe in contact lenses purely because there is too much discomfort in sticking my finger in my eye just to put a lens in place. Long story short, it freaks the hell out of me. So, I cannot imagine what was going through this young man's head.

Artist James Sooy has piercings / implants on either side of his nose where he mounts lenses onto.

Apparently, these glasses are so 'convenient' that it can be worn to sleep! Why on earth would anyone want to wear their glasses to sleep? To see their dreams clearly??

I have two words for anyone who wants to try this - Lasik Surgery

Anyhow, more on the project, an interview with James and some cringe-worthy pictures can be found here.

*Ouch*

4 comments:

Shwaish said...

woah thats weird!! why would he do that just stick ur damn finger in ur damn eyes!!!hehe i wear lenses and it never freaked me out to put them on unless someone else is trying to then i get freaked out hehe

Dakhtour said...

R u thinking of doing the lasic surgery or whaT prem?

I did it on feb this year and it went ok man :)

The Premster said...

hi sparkling princess,

weird is putting it mildly.

it's out of this world!

The Premster said...

hey zizotime,

you did lasik? cool! glad to hear that it went well.

my eyesight is fortunately not that severe and i use my glasses on a "need to" basis. but if it ever gets worse, then i'd probably opt for lasik over contacts! :)