Thursday, May 18, 2006

Phunky Album


The Black Eyed Peas are well-known for their over-the-top performances but some of their music are really good. I recall a track with an anti-war theme called "Where Is The Love" which was really nice, catchy and most importantly, with a very positive message.

Sadly, I can't say the same for some tracks on this album titled "Monkey Business". The worst of all tracks is "My Hump". Here's an extract of the lyrics :

What you gon' do with all that junk?
All that junk inside that trunk?
I'ma get, get, get, get, you drunk,
Get you love drunk off my hump.
What u gon' do with all that ass?
All that ass inside them jeans?
I'm a make, make, make, make you scream
Make u scream, make you scream.
Cos of my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump.
My hump, my hump, my hump, my lovely lady lumps. (Check it out)

I can't help but think this is probably the song with the most ridiculous lyrics to-date. Anyhow, the Black Eyed Peas are enjoying quite a bit of success with this catchy (or should I say "lumpy"?) hit.

The group is made up of Will.I.Am, Apl.De.Ap, Fergie (her royal "lumpiness") and Taboo. Will.I.Am has his own line of clothing and Fergie (Stacy Ferguson) is engaged to actor Josh Duhamel (plays Danny McCoy in Las Vegas).

Truthfully, not all the songs in this album are duds. Stuff that I've enjoyed are "Pump It", "Don't Phunk With My Heart" and "Don't Lie". But the reason I bought this album is the track called "Gone Going" featuring Jack Johnson. Just this song alone is worth the price of the album.

For a taste of the Peas, check out www.blackeyedpeas.com

6 comments:

Dakhtour said...

I Loved their songs

They r really good man

I think they're the new backstreet boys in our time :)

Hope they won't separate like the other bands ;)

The Premster said...

they've been around for a long time. think they'll be around for a long time more.

Shwaish said...

i love this album tooo hehe i love it alot hehe my favorite song in that album is dont funk with my heart i luv it i luv it and now im singing it in my head hehe

The Premster said...

all together now....

NO, NO, NO, NO....
DON'T PHUNK WITH MY HEART...

:)

Shwaish said...

I wonder if I take you home
Would you still be in love, baby

hehe i love that song...

The Premster said...

very catchy. i enjoy it too.

but you should really check out "gone going" featuring jack johnson. very unlike the black eyed peas' style but very enjoyable.