Thursday, May 18, 2006

Home That Prem (And The Mrs) Built


As mentioned in an earlier post, my wife, our two Jack Russell Terriers and I will be moving to our new home soon. Renovation works have started at our new place and I thought I'd take a trip down to check it out yesterday afternoon. It was quite a mess, as you can see from the picture. Walls have been demolished, flooring removed, and lights ripped out. It looks like a long road ahead for the guys working on our home.

The challenge - to move from a 1500 square foot apartment and fit everything into a 1000 sq foot apartment. My wife and I discussed this, sometimes till the wee hours of the morning and even then we could not come up with a good idea. So, we called in a designer. She was great. She came up with her concepts and together with my wife's input, a great layout was born.

Although I like the design on paper, I am still worried about how it'll look like in real-life. Trying to imagine it in my head doesn't quite work. I'm sure it'll turn out great and if it doesn't, at least I'll have the designer to blame. *just kidding*

My wife and I have already bought most of the essentials (by essentials, I mean my stuff - TV, Home Theatre System, 2-Door Fridge with Ice Dispenser *woohoo*) and this weekend, we'll probably be shopping for bathroom fixtures, lighting and furniture. It is a long and tiring process but truthfully, it's a lot of fun because this is the first time my wife and I are "building" our home from scratch.

More pictures and updates as the renovation progresses.

3 comments:

Shwaish said...

ohh prem thats great im so happy for u and mrs prem and off course my favourite part of ur family ur cute dogs hehe oh and u should always find a scapegoat so i think ur designer is ur best bet hehe oh and furniture shopping and home stuff oooooooohhh thats so fun i love doing that hehe

The Premster said...

hi sparkling princess,

both you and my wife will get along very well. :)

and as for scapegoats, the designer is number one on my 'hit' list. ;)

Shwaish said...

yaaay scapegoating is FUN hehe