Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Velvet Smooth


This man is multi-talented. He's a singer, song-writer, producer and guitarist. He is none other than Lenny Kravitz (born Leonard Albert Kravitz on 26 May 1964). And if you think that this list of talents is not enough, he also plays bass, piano, saxophone, drums, trumpet and even the sitar. Still not impressed? How about the fact that he plays all the instruments on each of his tracks? Ah, that got your attention, didn't it??

Anyhow, I was down town shopping for a gift for my wife's birthday a few weeks ago and ended up in a music store. That's no surprise for my family and friends. Long story short, they were playing a track called "Black Velveteen" and this caught my attention. I found my feet tapping to the funk beat and eventually, my feet moved to the sales counter to enquire who performed it. When I heard "Lenny Kravits - Greatest Hits", I remembered his other fantastic tracks like "American Woman", "It Ain't Over Till Its Over", "Again", "Are You Gonna Go My Way" and "Mr Cab Driver". If you dislike cab drivers, "Mr Cab Driver" is one for you.

Whipped out my credit card and Lenny Kravitz's Greatest Hits became the latest addition to my massive CD collection.

With distractions out of the way, it was on to my main mission... my wife's birthday gift.

4 comments:

Dakhtour said...

WoooooooooooooooooW cool thing wallah

But really 1st time heard of me... Seems that I miss many things about him :)

The Premster said...

yo zizo,

its never too late, my friend. do check out "black velveteen". guaranteed to make you get up and dance. :)

Shwaish said...

ohh i lovev lenny especially american woman hehehhehehe and this other song that i cant remember its name!!

The Premster said...

hi princess,

welcome back online, dear friend!! we've all missed you.

yep, lenny is definitely cool. from his greatest hits album, you can tell that he is a very versatile artiste as his songs features various genres.