Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Pimpin' My Ride


As if I didn't have enough to do already when we started massive renovation works at our new apartment, I decided to "renovate" my car as well. I am a gadget fanatic and the more tricked-out my car is, the happier I am. It is no wonder that I was a huge fan of Knight Rider back in the 80s. For a long time, I believed that KITT was real and more intelligent than his owner, Michael Knight, played by David Hasselhoff.

So, the project to upgrade my black 2003 Subaru Impreza began in May and is still on-going. The modifications will include :

  • A new height and damping adjustable suspension system
  • Electronic gauges that will monitor oil temperature, oil pressure and the intake manifold
  • New 225/45/17 (17") rims
  • A souped-up sound system
  • Voltage regulator
  • New twin-pipe exhaust
  • Rev / Speed monitoring system

The project will be done in stages because I suffer from severe withdrawal symptoms if I am away from my car for more than 6 hours. So, I will not allow my car to be kept overnight at any workshop unless I am also allowed to stay over.

Here's a picture of my ride from June at a workshop getting the suspension system fitted on. More updates very soon!

Note : Poor picture quality inherent in lousy camera phone. Please do not adjust your internet browser. ;)

2 comments:

Danah said...

I love that show. I can't believe it's the same car when they're done with it!

When will your car pimping finish?

Don't forget to show us a before and after once it's done:P

The Premster said...

hi dandoon,

me too! but mine is not going to be that extreme although they come up with really cool designs.

there is another show i like on the discovery channel. it's called "rides". its a toned-down version of "pimp my ride" and gets into a lot of technical stuff. i love it.

will put up the pictures once the pimpin' is done. :)