Friday, July 21, 2006

Killing Me Softly With This Song


Maybe I'm just weird. Or maybe it happens to everyone. That's where you come in.

Have you, after many years, heard a song from the past that churned up painful or even forgotten memories? It happens to me all the time. Perhaps it is because I have been surrounded by music all my life. So, when a song is hot on the airwaves and something bad happens in that period, that very song will stir up those same painful memories even years later.

The thing is, the songs that evoke bad memories are in no way crappy tunes. Unfortunately, these bad events ruin them forever for me. If only there was a way to 'reset' the situation - then I will be able to fully appreciate these great tracks.

So, without further ado, here's my top ten songs that guaranteed to leave a bad taste in my mouth. In no particular order, they are :

  • Bad Day - Daniel Powter
  • Can't Fight This Feeling - REO Speedwagon
  • Where Do You Go - No Mercy
  • Ain't No Doubt - Jimmy Nail
  • Would I Lie To You - Charles & Eddie
  • You And I Both - Jason Mraz
  • Friends - Michael W Smith
  • Don't Call Me Baby - Madison Avenue
  • Se A Vida E - Pet Shop Boys
  • You're Beautiful - James Blunt

So, do you have a list too?

6 comments:

Dakhtour said...

Duude nice list :)

I don't have any list cause I'm changing it everyday and my mood won't love sticking to one list :)

Shwaish said...

Right here waiting (stained)
it been a while (stained)
goodbye my lover (james blunt)

thats my list.. and hey and i totally get wat ur saying :(

The Premster said...

yo zizo,

love the songs but hate the memories attached to them. :(

you don't have a list?? good for you, my friend! :)

The Premster said...

hi princess,

its been awhile since i've seen you in these parts. hope all's well, dear friend.

it's nice to know i'm not alone. songs have a funny way of carrying across emotions that have no bearing on the lyrics.

sadly, my list is a lot longer but i thought i'd stick to the top ten.

cheers and have a good weekend!

Danah said...

Bad Day and You're Beautiful are guranteed (sp?) to make me cry no matter what mood I'm in.

My list is constantly changing!

The Premster said...

hi dandoon,

your list is changing? that's a whole lot better. my list just gets longer and longer. :(