Monday, July 30, 2007

I'm One!

Hellooo everyone! I'm Dev! I hope you don't mind me borrowing Daddy's bloggie to share my birthday celebration with you!

Did you know I turned one year old last Sunday? I didn't too! I woke up nice and early as usual and when Mummy brought me into the living room, there were colourful buntings on the ceiling that said "Happy Birthday" and a whole bunch of balloons on the table ready to be inflated! I giggled with delight because I knew I was going to have a good day. What surprised me more was that Daddy was up and about too - which is rare on a Sunday because he sleeps in till way past noon. Don't tell him I told you but Daddy LOVES sleeping.

Mummy had bought me some new clothes last Friday and I got to wear those. I looked totally cool. Daddy, Mummy and I headed out and went to the temple. We all prayed and then we left to go to the mall that was near our home. I was excited to hear that we were there to collect my first birthday cake! It was huge! Daddy said it was 2 K G. What does K G mean? Anyway, it had a lot of cream and my favourite character, Spot. Spot is like Eddie, always running everywhere with his ball. I've never tasted cake before so I was really excited!

By the time I got home, I was tired from all the excitement. Mummy and Daddy had a few more errands to run so I decided to stay home to get some rest. By the time I woke up, Daddy and Mummy were back with food and the balloons were all inflated and had streamers hanging from under them! Our home looked so colourful!

Not long after, Grandpa and Grandma came. Grandma showered me with kisses and Grandpa bought me a nice birthday suit. It was a real suit, not the usual definition of "birthday suit". *wink* Mummy helped put it on and I looked really smart - like James Bond Jr!

Here's when I got upset. When it was time to cut the cake, Daddy insisted that he help me cut it and held my hand. But I am already one year old! So, we struggled a little and since Daddy was stronger, I had to bring out the big guns - I started to kick up a fuss! It worked! And when I was about to blow out the candles, Mummy thought I might not be able to do it and she did it on my behalf! No fun! *humph*

Anyway, we all had cake and the adults sat together to have dinner. And after dinner, we all sat around to chat a little. I tried to share my thoughts but despite my intellectual input, all the adults could do was mimic whatever I say and then laugh. *sigh* I'll never understand them.

And the best part of a birthday besides the cake? Presents!! Daddy and Mummy got me a Lego set for little ones like me. So, you can imagine the size of those blocks. I can't wait to grow up so that I can get a regular Lego set like the ones Daddy plays with. Oops... that was supposed to be a secret too. Ssshhh! Uncle W, Daddy's best friend, bought me a push-car which I can drive with a steering that looks like a motorcycle's. Very cool! Way cooler than Daddy's car! Too bad its a single seater, if not I could give Mummy a ride to the market to buy my favourite Sweet Potatoes.

Before long, everyone left and I was really tired. I had a bath, a nice tall warm bottle of milk before turning in. I had loads of fun and am really excited about my next birthday celebration. I'm guessing it's this weekend?

Anyway, here's to my 1st birthday! As the adults always say - Bottoms up! I'm doing it in my picture. See?


I now return you to your regular programming. Over to you, Daddy! *hehehe*

8 comments:

Shwaish said...

awwwwwwwwwwww dev ur the cutest thing ever!! and i love how babies sleep with their tushies in the air hehehe cute happy birthday!!

eshda3wa said...

awwwwwwww

prem jr is soo cute!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

and god bless u

Dev said...

hello aunty princess,

wow! i never thought i would be able to speak to a real princess!! totally cool!

thats not what "bottoms up" mean? do all babies sleep with their bottoms in the air? hmmm... i thought it was only me. mummy thinks its cute too! lots of pictures with my tushies in the air!

and thank you for your birthday wishes, aunty!

Dev said...

hello aunty eshda3wa,

thank you for saying that i'm cute! daddy will now probably claim that i've got his looks.

and thank you for your birthday wishes! that was very sweet of you!

btw, daddy says i can use his bloggie from time to time so do look out for my posts, ok?

see you soon!!!

Danah said...

aww! he's so cute!

happy belated birthday dev!:)

Anonymous said...

I cant believe i misssed such an important event :(

I am sooo sorry DEV :)

you look sooooo precious and peaceful when ur sleeping hun....god bless you and ur parents sweetie

and may all your days be filled with happiness and joy sweetie *mwaaa*

MR and Mrs Prem you have one adorable baby....and prem I understand now why u feel guilty for not spending alot of time with ur son....he is soooo cute I cant blame u :)

Dev said...

hi aunty dandoon!!

thank you for your birthday wishes... and for thinking i'm cute!

Dev said...

hi aunty ghasheema,

thank you for your birthday wishes and your blessings!

daddy tells me that you have adorable kids and one who is slightly older than i am. it is sad that all of you live so far away. if not, it would be so much fun for us to get together for a play-date.

hmmm... maybe if i beg daddy to take mummy and me for a holiday in canada...

thanks again, aunty ghasheema!!