Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Zune-less This Christmas


Alright... The Premster is MIFFED!!

Over the last 13 years as an IT professional, I have developed a certain level of disdain for Microsoft and their products. Their operating systems / software require to be patched every other day and troubleshooting problems are almost impossible because of the ridiculous / cryptic error messages. My life has been filled with "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shutdown" or the infamous Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD). Here's the craziest - "Unable to detect keyboard. Press any key to continue".

On the bright side, it keeps me gainfully employed.

It was only recently that Bill Gates and his boys were getting into my good books with the introduction of better designed software (Windows 2003 and Windows Vista) as well as their entry into the multimedia portable player market with Zune. Then, I read this!

Back in the dog-house you go, Mr Gates. My dollars will be ending up in Mr Jobs' pockets this Christmas after all.

4 comments:

Danah said...

*techy talk wooshes over her head* :P

The Premster said...

sorry dandoon, just needed a place to vent my frustrations after being betrayed by microsoft. :(

Danah said...

Don't be silly, it's YOUR blog! You can talk about whatever you want:) I just meant that eventhough I read your post, I didn't know what to say because I don't speak tech:p

The Premster said...

its everyone's blog!! :)

nothing would make me happier than to make everyone feel welcome here!! :)