Thursday, April 27, 2006

Put Your Records On!


What can I say - my wife has great taste in music.

Coinne Bailey Rae's CD was a gift from my wife because she liked her songs and also so that I wouldn't have to agonise over what album to "bring to the car" last Saturday morning before I headed out. That was a huge weight off my shoulders! I've heard Connie's songs quite a few times on the radio but I have always mistaken her for Nelly Furtado (remember the track "I'm Like a Bird"?). Connie's voice grabs your attention as soon as you hit the play button on your CD player (or MP3 player, as the case may be). Notable tracks on this album are "Like A Star", "Till It Happens To You", "Trouble Sleeping" and "Butterfly". But my personal favourite is "Put Your Records On"... I'll bet my bottom dollar it'll have your fingers snapping and toes tapping.

A must-have album for those who are fans of India Arie or Erykah Badu.

More on Corinne Bailey Rae can be found at www.corinnebaileyrae.net

0 comments: